Cutting the cake with your new husband or wife is a truly celebratory part of your special day, with cheering, clapping and smiles – and it deserves an amazing song to reflect this! That’s why we’ve put together a list of 70 wedding cake cutting songs to help you choose.
If you’re going to cut the cake then let everyone get on with partying, one song might be enough. If you’re going full-on traditional and cutting a slice to feed to each other (or cover each other’s faces!) and then sharing the rest with your guests, you’ll probably need more than one song.
Image credit: Featherlight Images
Traditionally, couples cut their wedding cake after their wedding breakfast, just before their first dance. For this reason, you might want to choose an upbeat song that will help get your guests in the mood for the epic party that will undoubtedly ensue afterwards. Alternatively you might want your guests to have tears in their eyes at the sight of you and your partner sharing this sweet moment together and would prefer a romantic number. It’s totally up to you!
Songs that have references to sweetness and sugar can be fun to use so we’ve included lots of these in the list to help you make this part of the day as saccharin sweet as you want.
Looking To Hire A Wedding Band?
Modern Cake-Cutting Songs
Fancy something up to date for your cake-cutting ceremony? You’ll love these modern song choices!
As with many song choices for your big day, choosing a timeless love song means you can’t go wrong. These beautiful love songs are as popular today as they were the day they were written – they’ll never go out of style!
Rock Cake Cutting Songs
Perhaps you’re more of a rocker at heart? Check out these awesome rock songs to cut your cake to!
Romantic Cake Cutting Songs
If you want to squeeze every last drop of romance out of your wedding day, choose one of these romantic songs to play when cutting your cake.
Funny Cake Cutting Songs
Finally, for all you fun-loving couples out there, these funny cake cutting songs are sure to put a smile on your guests’ faces!
More Wedding Music Inspiration
- Your First Dance Is On This List! 250 Song Ideas
- 100 Of The Best Songs To Walk Down The Aisle To
- Over 100 Recessional Songs To Close Your Ceremony With A Bang!
- 300 Rock Wedding Songs To Get The Party Started
- 300 Indie Wedding Songs To Unite Your Guests On The Dance Floor
- The Best Soul And Motown Wedding Songs For Your Big Day!
- The Ultimate 70s Wedding Songs List!
- The Ultimate 80s Wedding Songs List!
- The Ultimate 90s Wedding Songs List!
- The Ultimate 2000s Wedding Songs List!
- The Ultimate 2010s Wedding Songs List!
- 60 Rock Songs For An Epic First Dance
- 60 Romantic and Fun Wedding Ceremony Songs!
- Songs From The Movies To Walk Down The Aisle To
- 20 Beautiful Classical Pieces For Your Wedding Ceremony
- 80 Soul And Motown Songs For Your First Dance
- The 60 Most Romantic Jazz Wedding Songs And First Dances!
- 30 Beatles Wedding Songs To Make Every Moment Special
- Wedding Music For The Geeky Bride And Groom
- The Perfect Music For A Romantic Bridgerton-Themed Wedding
- 25 Perfect Wedding Last Dance Songs to Get Everyone Dancing
- 35 of the Most Romantic Disney First Dance Songs
- The Best Acoustic Folk Wedding Reception Songs!
- 100 Romantic Acoustic Guitar Wedding Ceremony Songs
- 50 Songs To Avoid On Your Wedding Day
- 20 First Dance Songs You’ve Never Thought Of
- The Best R&B Wedding Songs For Your Big Day!
- 60 Pre-Wedding Songs To Get Ready To On Your Wedding Day!
- 50 Fun And Upbeat First Dance Songs!
- Classic First Dance Songs You’ll Love
- 60 Modern Wedding Songs For The Contemporary Couple
- 70 Wedding Entrance Songs To Start Your Reception The Right Way!