It’s easy to see why soul and Motown is one of the most popular genres for a first dance. With sweet and sentimental lyrics from world-famous artists like Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye and The Temptations, not only have these songs stood the test of time, but are some of the most romantic songs ever written.
To help you choose the perfect tune, we’ve collated our favourite soul and Motown first dance songs. We’ve thrown in some songs from outside of the Motown label as well to give you as much choice as possible. Many are the perfect pace to dance to, all are super romantic and any will make the ideal first dance song. You just need to choose your favourite!
Looking To Hire A Wedding Band?
Want to really bring the party to your wedding reception? Why not hire one of our incredible soul and Motown bands?
Find More Music Inspiration Here!
- The Best Soul And Motown Wedding Songs For Your Big Day!
- Your First Dance Is On This List! 250 Song Ideas
- 100 Of The Best Songs To Walk Down The Aisle To
- Over 100 Recessional Songs To Close Your Ceremony With A Bang!
- 300 Rock Wedding Songs To Get The Party Started
- 300 Indie Wedding Songs To Unite Your Guests On The Dance Floor
- The Ultimate 70s Wedding Songs List!
- The Ultimate 80s Wedding Songs List!
- The Ultimate 90s Wedding Songs List!
- The Ultimate 2000s Wedding Songs List!
- The Ultimate 2010s Wedding Songs List!
- 60 Rock Songs For An Epic First Dance
- Songs From The Movies To Walk Down The Aisle To
- 20 Beautiful Classical Pieces For Your Wedding Ceremony
- 70 Sweet Wedding Cake Cutting Songs
- The 60 Most Romantic Jazz Wedding Songs And First Dances!
- 30 Beatles Wedding Songs To Make Every Moment Special
- Wedding Music For The Geeky Bride And Groom
- The Perfect Music For A Romantic Bridgerton-Themed Wedding
- 25 Perfect Wedding Last Dance Songs to Get Everyone Dancing
- 35 of the Most Romantic Disney First Dance Songs
- 100 Romantic Acoustic Guitar Wedding Ceremony Songs
- 50 Songs To Avoid On Your Wedding Day
- 20 First Dance Songs You’ve Never Thought Of